Caprese Sandwich with Pesto & Chicken: One of My Favorite Summer Sandwich Recipes
- Baguette (slice and toast)
- 1 Chicken Breast (season with salt & pepper, cook and shred)
- 1 (heirloom) Tomato
- Start by cooking the chicken breast. I prefer doing this on a stovetop where I can maintain control. Season it liberally with salt and pepper to keep it simple yet flavorful.
- While the chicken is cooking:
- Slice your preferred bread (a crusty baguette or ciabatta would work wonders) and spread some butter. Lightly toast it until it turns into a golden-brown for a little extra crisp.
- Slice tomato and basil. I’m not a huge fan of tomato so I only use a few thin slices but that’s up to your discretion. You can never add too much or too little of either of these ingredients.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked and the juices run clear, let it rest for a little before you slice or shred it as desired.
- Once bread is toasted:
- First, generously spread pesto on the freshly toasted bread.
- This is followed by a layer of basil leaves and vibrant tomato slices.
- And finally, crown your creation with a generous serving of creamy burrata. This soft, Italian cheese provides a delicious contrast to the crunchy bread and the tangy pesto, tying all the flavors together.
You really can’t go wrong when preparing this caprese sandwich with pesto so do what feels right for your taste buds and enjoy for the perfect lunch or summer dinner idea!