Creamy Rosemary Gnocchi Soup
Delicious creamy soup with rich rosemary flavor for the perfect for a cozy meal.
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced optional
- 2 celery stalks, sliced optional
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb fresh potato gnocchi
- Over medium heat, cook the bacon in a large pot until crispy (~5 minutes). Remove the bacon. Leave the bacon grease in the pot.
- Add the onion and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery (optional), garlic, thyme, rosemary, crushed red pepper, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook 5 more minutes.
- Add butter and vegetable broth. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove thyme and rosemary springs.
- Add heavy cream, parmesan cheese and gnocchi. Simmer until gnocchi is cooked (use instructions from gnocchi packaging).
- Serve warm, topped with bacon bits and parmesan.